Sunday 18 July 2010

My name is Aleks, and I'm an alcoholic.

"Everything, everything began like this. It all began on this glamorous and dazzling, yet fatigued and frail visage. That was the experiment."
Marguerite Duras

My name is Aleks. I am 21 and in a constant state of nervous ambition to do something with my, as yet, unidentified existance. I have a drive though, a faith in my future, whatever that may be, and in people. It gives me something to live for, even if it does fall outside the bounds of 'normality'. Living in London has, im sure, something to do with it. An air of supririority hangs like a fog over the denizens of this enchanting yet depraved city, effecting us in a mirade of ways, not all of them good.

The people I hang around with, we compliment each-other in both look and personality, an eclectic bunch of intellectuals, musicians, socialites, and drifters. We are aimless, wandering without direction or purpose from one day to the next, always sure that the ever elusive purpose, goal, intent, is just around the corner. They are like butterflies, beautiful yet fragile, flitting from one flower to the next, filling their unsatisfied state with desire before perching for the night in whatever abode they find themselves in. Some call us 'tasteless' 'flash' 'superficial', others emulate and desire us, and to others we are merely yet another generation of begin youth. But we are a future, we will grow older and as we do we will - hopefully - mature, we will find our purpose and achieve it.

I want to be a writer, I know that much, but what I 'want' to write I have no idea. Seeing as how I am still as yet undecided on my subject matter, I will write about what I know, the people, the places, the experiences I have had. Maybe it will give some purpose to this overwhelming desire to do something, something real.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. Please use spell check next time though, you know how it bugs me when I spot the mistakes. :D

    ReplyDelete